Saturday, July 21, 2007

Journey to The Royal Welsh Show

21st July So Andy and I left sleepy Suffolk early on Saturday morning it was raining a fair bit still. I’d checked the traffic reports on line and it looked like our journey across to Builth Wells was going to be slower than normal but still ok. It wasn’t until we were past Cambridge that I heard the travel report on the radio saying that the M5 was closed and Worcestershire, Herefordshire and that corner of the Midlands was a no go zone. I phoned Emeli the Waitrose Event manager who lived in Worcester to see how she was doing. “Worcester is a island, we’re flooded in” she said. Now Andy was following me in the Ford Ranger 4x4 but me in my transit van didn’t fancy my chances of making it through the floods. So a quick stop with Andy, oh how I wish for national Wi-fi coverage. Sat in the lay-by trying to get uptodate travel reports through your mobile is frankly quite dull. But any road much punching in of information into TomTom and looking at the road atlas we were off again, but heading via Shrewsbury. Not the most direct route I know but it only cost us an hour so I don’t think it was too bad. And to the residents of Clun who live by the bridge I’m sorry if us driving through the pictured flood caused any damage. And to the pedestrians who I ferried to through the previous flood your welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home