Friday, July 27, 2007




It wasn’t a pretty sight when we eventually arrived on site, there was a lot of mud and the eon tent down the way looked like it was just floating. Thankfully not a lot of our installation goes on out side the tent and it was only light showers so Andy and I managed to crack out all the kit in good time. Emeli was still stuck in Worcester and had resided her self that she wasn’t going to make it across on that Saturday. Needless to say everything was ready for the show, though it turned out to be a really wet week, there was just mud everywhere. Thankfully we our accommodation was in the same lovely cottages we stayed in last year. Though I had a stoke of creativity one evening and decided I had a better idea for the journey home. Though with out the aid of the map I did much making it up. Kirsty and Emeli didn’t really enjoy the experience, but at least it took their minds of the much Fozzie had manage to spray all up the side of the car :-). The rest of the week managed to pass with out major incident. Though when the DeWallt boys next door were packing up they made a right old mess of the ground so it took three tractors chained nose to tail in order to pull their big lorry off. Leaving me two nice wide ruts for me to try and get across in my transit van. Luckily there was three tractors hanging around in order to pull me out.

So what’s my abiding memory of this years agricultural shows, Wet Wet and WET with Mud, deep Mud and Wet MUD. But hey they are a good bunch to work with the Waitrose team, lots of fun, and it sure beats pulling cables through dusty voids in the West End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home