Friday, May 12, 2006

LIPA until next time and Show Boat at the Albert Hall it has begun

Ok so having been a keenie and posted daily on TWOTW I must appear as a real slacker having not posted for over a week. Well I've been busy. Monday was my final appearance at LIPA for this season, this weeks lecture was MIDI and show control or M1D1 as I have heard it called. That was great the students really took to creating sounds with G-Type Akai samplers and Yamaha desks, and were inspired by the flexibility it gave them over Mini Disks and analogue mixing desks. To all the team who have been part of Advanced Live Sound this term all the best with your careers and I hope to see you on a gig in the future. I think I managed to cover my trail sufficiently that although nothing is confirmed yet I believe I may be asked to fill the same slot next year which would be great.

So Tuesday was back in to the real world, well as real as being a Freelance Sound Engineer can be and I was back at Autograph with PJ and Steve preparing the kit for Show Boat which goes into the Albert Hall in a few weeks. What a contrast after three weeks on tour, I do like the variety of my work. Well next week is a week off as Show Boat prep is on hold while all but me go and put Avenue Q into the west end. So Fe has written me a list of jobs to do at home and my Land Rover is finally up for sail on eBay item 4639035508 those of you who know me will be aware that while I really like my land rover it has spent more time in pieces than as a serviceable vehicle. So the time has finally come to pass the old girl on to some one with more time to spare. Oh there's also a Kayak and trailer tent for sail if anyone is interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home