Monday, May 29, 2006

Digico D5 Live - Great!

Another week of what seems like endless prep at Autograph Sound Recording for Show Boat at the Royal Albert Hall. Most of the rigging is complete, the speakers that are flown from the over head truss are all prepared and freshly inked. I have just about got all the front of house elements together. Friday Afternoon PJ and myself checked through all the outputs of TiMax through the XTA's to the amps so that's out puts to amps signed off.
Our desk a D5 Live from Sound Hire only arrived at five o'clock on Friday, which gave me less than an hour to load it up ensure it all worked. Luckily it was just a case of adding a few digital i/o cards to the local madi rack and all is well. It was the first time I had ever set a D5 up from a blank canvas so that was quite exciting. By quarter to seven I had ensured that the desk was doing what I wanted it to do and I had set up all the output groups so Richard in rehearsals can program the desk as he wishes. Next week is a case of racking up the pieces of equipment that have been ordered and packing it all up for the Fitup which starts on sunday at midnight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home